Web TheFuselage.com

View Full Version : Is Michael Giacchino in it for the long haul?

Controversleigh
10-09-2005, 09:39 PM
I will get to the question in a moment, but as I posted in another thread, I just wanted to say this man is brilliant. He is now knocking my favorite composer off as number 1 on my list. My list of my favorite film/tv composers now is as follows:

1. Michael Giacchino
2. Craig Armstrong
3. Hans Zimmer
4. Christophe Beck

I could listen to some of those Lost scores over and over and over....and I can NOT listen to that one that played as Boone dies/Aaron was born without getting misty....and it has nothing to do with the scenes I know it goes with....the piece of music is a masterpiece.....it hits you at your emotional core and you melt away into it. I simply adore it. The man is a musical genius. I just wanted to make sure that you have sealed him in for the long-haul? He is going to be with the show the rest of it's run correct?

I know this is minor on a major list of the millions of questions I could pose to you Mr. Abrams, especially considering my own creative aspirations, but there is something about music which defines things for me....it defines and it inspires, I know that if I hear a certain piece of music I can literally create scenes and sequences in my head b/c of the mood the music brings. Michael Giacchino's music doesn't simply make the show better, I feel it plays a major part in making it what it is altogether, and in fact the show almost comes from the music rather than the music from the show. I just didn't want to see another incident such as when Christophe Beck left Buffy the Vampire Slayer and left the show diffused b/c there was no longer the musical inspiration and genius there once was to helm the emotion.

Thank you for your time and for the consistantly brilliant television experience you provide. *removes nose from end* By the way, if I do have your attention, one last question...that I've been dying to ask....you must be a Resident Evil fan, correct? The similarities between last season's Alias/Lost and the first Resident Evil film are striking. Again, thank you for your time!

Leigh L.