Web TheFuselage.com

View Full Version : JJ Abrams - himself

Blueisorange
01-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Well ... i dont have a clue, if this is reaching you. it seems that this board is only rarely visited by you (but i understand it, all of you are hard working people ... :) )

First of all... i am a german guy, who do not often speak english and it seems its not getting better after finishing school (damn it ;) ) ...so please,i have to excuse myself for the bad english. I am studying philosophy,education (scientists? dont know, i think there is no english word for that) and sociology...

***REMOVED BY MOD***

but why i am telling you all this stuff? well... in fact of reading all this great, tiny informations and theories i often ask myself, what things inspired you (and of course,this question is also asking damon lindeloff, i tried to get some more direct connections, i rather prefer an email or kind of stuff, but i don't have found any other ways to talk to you and mr lindelof) ...
i mean... in the audio commentary on the dvd's you and mr lindelof said, that you were studying, and i ask myself... where and what are you studying.. what was interresting for you and so on... in your shows there are a lot of different themes, philosophy, physics, religion ... where does it come from? what kind of books are you reading? i think, you like comic books, too and i have to say, that i never seen such a great range of interresting knowledge ... its a kind of a mirrow of the culture of today... all the problems, the interrests, the cultural conflicts and so on... its a fantastic show, which works on so many levels... you can see it from so many perspectives and get new knowledges,you might regard it philosophically,physically or just as an drama series...
and i think, you are moving a lot of people to getting active, to not use television only for entertainment, i know a lot of people, who are starting read books (like the third policeman) or using the internet to get access to more informations about the things that are going on at the island ( by the way... congratulations for the golden globe ;) ) ...

so... what i am trying to say.. i would really enjoy, if you let me see a little more of the persons you are. i love it to explore other minds ( i like being john malkovich ;) lol ...) and it would be interresting to learn more about the minds behind lost :)

oh and by the way... i think, in episode ten of the second season, when you are able to see,what the monster is, it opens up that old philosophically problem about mind and body :) thats so great.. i think that this is a kind of an ambicious project of some scientist to explore, what the mind is... :) it seems to fit very well into the dharma thing, because when they talk about bf skinner, it becomes very psychologically (and of course,philosophy) and shows the direction of their project...

and a question i ask myself is... is john locke (of course its like rousseau the name of a philosopher) knowing,that his name is one of the big philosophers ? it fits very well in the mind/body problem, because john locke was a reaction to descartes, who makes this philosophical mind/body-problem possible...

so ... have a nice day, thank you for reading this.. i would be really happy if you are answering to my questions about yourself (and maybe ask damon, too ;) ) ...

***REMOVED BY MOD***

*doorshut*

***MOD-edited by hijinx -- It is against Site Rules to solicit the VIPs to visit other Lost-related websites. Also, it is against Site Rules to ask a VIP to contact you directly. Please read the FAQ!!***