Flicks N Shows

FlicksNShows.com, chat about your favorite TV shows, movies, comics, books, video games, music, podcasts, online videos and more!!! We have many boards for specific shows already. Don't see a show that you want to post about? Suggest it in the suggest a show section and we will add it!!!

Go Back   Flicks N Shows > Flicks N Stuff > Comics
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Comics Talk about comic books.

View Poll Results: Would you read LOST in comics?
YES PLEASE ! (but only if the material is "canon") 2 40.00%
YES PLEASE! -And I don't care if it's canon - just give MORE LOST! 1 20.00%
NO - I'm not really into comic books. 1 20.00%
NO. Just let the show end in peace. Go away - get LOST. 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
GettinLost
"It's about bunnies". - Sawyer
Script Supervisor
Farewell, LOST.

Additional Info
Stats
LOST Season 7 - in Comics??

Hope someone votes in this poll...

So...LOST is over. What shall we do? Do we want more? A movie?

Being a HUGE Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, I have been at this place before. Watching Season DVD's over and over - just wanting to find something to take place of the "fantastic TV show" that consumed our lives! Make a movie! Something! Anything!!

So, 4 years later Joss Whedon releases the first issue of Buffy Season 8 in comics - Canon*. THANK YOU JOSS!! Not quite the same as seeing my favorite Whedon characters every week but still equally FUN! I get to "talk Buffy" with the fans all over again!

Now I'm in the same place. Left wanting more after a favorite TV show has gone off the air.

I began thinking about LOST. Would I want to see LOST continue in comics? LOST Season 7 - in comics. With wonderful LOST writers we have grown to love and admire continuing the stories of our favorite characters!!

There's still a lot of story left in this show!! What happened when Kate, Sawyer and Claire when they made it back to "world"? What happened to Hurley and Ben? The DHARMA Innitiative?

What about NEW characters?

So just for kicks - Would you like to see LOST continue (Canon* material - not just fictional fodder) in Comics?

*ETA: "In the context of fan fiction, the term canon denotes the material accepted as "official", in a fictional universe's fan base. It is used in two slightly different meanings: first, "it refers to the overall set of storylines, premises, settings, and characters offered by the source media text".[1]:28 In this sense, canon is "the original work from which the fan fiction author borrows,"[2] or "the original media on which the fan fictions are based."[3] Secondly, it is used "as a descriptor of specific incidents, relationships, or story arcs that take place within the overall canon"; thus certain incidents or relationships may be described as being canon or not.[1]:32" - Wikipedia

Last edited by GettinLost; 12-22-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:34 AM   #2
Flying Tiger Comics
Season 7 Fan
Extra
shatter the black rock of selfish desire

Additional Info
Stats
Re: LOST Season 7 - in Comics??

With appropriate effort put into it- definitely. Season 7 onwards in comicbook form would be excellent, not restrained by budget or casting difficulties and a much quicker transfer from script to comic than from script to screen. As long as they kept quality high and kept it true to the show I would buy every issue.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:15 AM   #3
Dr. Suds
Script Supervisor

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinLost View Post
So just for kicks - Would you like to see LOST continue (Canon* material - not just fictional fodder) in Comics?

*ETA: "In the context of fan fiction, the term canon denotes the material accepted as "official", in a fictional universe's fan base. It is used in two slightly different meanings: first, "it refers to the overall set of storylines, premises, settings, and characters offered by the source media text".[1]:28 In this sense, canon is "the original work from which the fan fiction author borrows,"[2] or "the original media on which the fan fictions are based."[3] Secondly, it is used "as a descriptor of specific incidents, relationships, or story arcs that take place within the overall canon"; thus certain incidents or relationships may be described as being canon or not.[1]:32" - Wikipedia
What if we look a little deeper, i.e. to the precursor media from which the "original work" (in this case Lost) was derived? Lost is chiefly derived from "The Lost Special" and other A.C. Doyle stories which are long since in the public domain. It would not be too hard to construct a graphic novel which contained no property of Lost and yet would be recognizable to fans of the TV serial based on that stuff, and whose plot would explain why the characters on Lost acted so strangely -- something like the way Hamlet constructed a fictional play which was recognized by his audience as revealing his uncle's activities. Lost also borrowed from and alluded to material from many other sources, such as the TV show Dept. S, but did not do so so literally as to infringe on any of their protected material, so a graphic novel could do likewise with Lost. So for instance you could have a neurosurgeon character but not name him Jack Shepherd, nor the name of the corresponding neurosurgeon in "A Perfect Operation" (Dept. S episode), which are still under copyright, but you could name him something else, such as the name of the original character in the corresponding Doyle story.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:38 AM   #4
jane_eire
Writes of Passage
Set Designer
Home Sweet Home

Additional Info
Stats

Flight 815 is nothing more than an empty hearse.